7 Easy Tips for Successful Garden Planning
Planning a garden can be an exciting experience but it does require some considerations.
1. Do you want to plant vegetables, herbs, flowers or a combination of all three?
2. Evaluate your site to determine the amount of sun and shade it receives throughout the day, the soil type, and the amount of rainfall you receive.
3. Mark where you want to place plants, pathways or other features. Do you have space for everything?
4. Plan around the seasons and choose plants the bloom at different times so that your garden will look beautiful throughout the growing season.
5. Always pick plants that fit into the space you have and consider how much maintenance they need.
6. Consider adding features that add interest like trellises or water features.
7. When just starting out choose plants that are easy to care for and know how to water and prune.